A Day in the life of a child in an informal settlement

I’m Jémeul I’m years old and I live in an informal settlement.My shack is made out of corrugated iron which sucks because my walls are thin and the shacks are close together so I can hear a lot of noise.I don’t have a proper roof and It rained last week
and some of the hard rain went through the roof and I left my homework sheet where the hole in the roof.So I had to go to school the next day with a damp piece of paper and the teacher gave me another one which I had to redo.

I wake up early to get to school on time and sometimes I wake up earlier to get some water and wait in a long line it would be so much easier if I had a bathroom so I don’t have to wait in never lasting lines. My life would be a lot easier if I had a bed instead of lying on the frosty floor.I would be so much happier if my parents had a car so they can drive me to school instead of walking and cutting my foot.

My life would be a 100 times better if I had electricity because one time I had to do my homework under a lamppost because I don’t have lights.I feel so down that other kids have what I dream I wish that I could afford all that stuff because it would make my life easier.

Comments

  1. I love how you started this blog! You gave a very real idea of what life is like in their homes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Singing Inspector

Grade 4 Camp